Yoga with Fiona
What is Mum and Baby Yoga?
Integrated stretching and relaxation for mother and baby.
Mum and Baby Yoga classes include specific post-natal yoga for mothers, helping to release tension, tone muscles, and relax body and mind. You will interact with and entertain your baby while stretching and strengthening your own body.
Then Mums help their babies to do some yoga! You will learn movements that help babies to release tension (and therefore sleep better), ease digestion and breathing, and improve coordination and body-awareness. We also use simple massage techniques done with clothes on, all aiming to comfort, connect, and promote well-being.
Classes teach different ways of picking up and holding your baby to protect your back and give them a feeling of both safety and freedom to explore. We also learn specific baby soothing holds and movements - used by women around the world to calm unsettled babies!
The class is not just about physical movement. It is a time to relax and bond with your baby, to receive support and inspiration from others, and to learn techniques that you can take home and integrate into your daily life.
Benefits for Mums
- Relaxes and recharges mind and body
- Releases aches and pains
- Relieves anxiety, stress and exhaustion
- Tones pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- Supports post-Caesarean recovery
- Learn how to protect your back while carrying your baby
- Bond with your baby
- Meet other new Mums
Benefits for Babies
- Soothing and calming
- Improves quality of sleep
- Boosts the immune system
- Supports physical and mental development
- Improves balance and coordination
- Promotes healthy breathing
- Aids digestion
- Relieves symptoms of colic
- Bonding with mum
- Meeting other babies!